We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced Lead Software Engineer to lead a team that will be extending and improving our industry-leading websites, mobile app, chat bots and more.
This role will work closely with our Head of Software Engineering, our Product Owner and various stakeholders throughout the business to design and deliver a roadmap of features to continue the phenomenal growth of LADbible Group.
In addition to this, you’ll be leading a team based around LADbible’s culture of innovating, solving problems and getting things done. You should be as passionate about developing people as you are about building great software.
What will you be doing?
- Manage your own software engineering team.
- Take ownership of existing platforms and integrations, ensuring we maintain a good level of service.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the business to develop a deep understanding of existing processes and new opportunities.
- Lead software design and development to implement these processes and opportunities.
- Coach and mentor the engineers in your team, following established patterns and best practices to ensure the software that is built is performant, secure and scalable.
- Maintain a world-class development environment, so that your team always have all the tools they need to be productive, innovate safely and have the confidence to try new things.
- Manage an agile development process, enabling you to measure throughput, continually improve the team and ship software incrementally.
- Be a champion for your team, celebrating successes and highlighting the issues your team faces.
- Implement a cloud-first hosting strategy so the products your team are responsible for are sufficiently resilient and performant enough to meet the needs of the business.
Following a complete overhaul of our tech stack over the last 18 months, the technologies that we mostly work with now are:
What do you need to have done before?
- Experience leading and managing software engineers
- Understanding of Agile principles
- In-depth knowledge of software patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of software design methodologies, such as DDD, Event Storming etc
- Working knowledge of container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on, commercial experience working with cloud technology (ideally GCP, but AWS would also be useful)
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.