We are looking for a passionate and motivated Video Editor to join our growing social video team in Manchester, working across LADbible Group pages including LADbible, UNILAD, SPORTbible & Tyla.
The role includes writing video scripts, and editing stories for our audiences using archive, creator-shot and original footage including interviews. You must be a strong storyteller, who is full of creative ideas, and able to identify and turn around a shareable story quickly.
You’ll live on social media, and have an understanding of audiences and what makes a shareable and engaging video, as well as how to optimise for different platforms.
Experience reviewing data in Facebook Creator Studio as well as an interest in audience feedback is desirable. A journalism background with social media experience – preferably working within a similar role at a content organisation – will stand out.
What will you be doing?
- Pitching, scripting, gathering footage and video editing
- Using analytics to understand content performance and inform ideation
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Working to deadlines and engagement targets
- Taking our editorial video to the next level, by continually developing and improving the quality of our videos
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience working as a Video Editor editing for large Social Media accounts
- In-depth understanding of social media, particularly Facebook
- Experience using Adobe Premiere
- Relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in social media, video production or other relevant multimedia field
- Knowledge of media law, including copyright and consent, and ethical considerations, is also desirable
- Previous experience of editing for Facebook and other social media channels
Due to the latest COVID restrictions, both LADbible offices (Manchester and London) are closed and we will keep the date for reopening both offices under review in line with further Government updates. Whilst this role is temporarily home based, when our offices reopen, this role will be based in our Manchester office, therefore you must live within a commutable distance to M1 1EZ.
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.