Founded in 2012, LADbible Group has redefined entertainment and news for a social generation. With a global presence and offices in the UK, Ireland and Australia, LADbible Group has grown to become one of the biggest social publishers in the world. Reaching an audience of over 584 million every month. In October, 2020 we recorded over 140 million engagements on Facebook and Instagram and an incredible 1.6 billion across 2020 as a whole. LADbible Group operates across all major social publishers including Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube and reaches 69 million monthly users across its five core websites.
We are looking to recruit an accomplished Senior Commercial Manager for the role of Group Head for GroupM.
The aim of the role is to ensure that the revenue across GroupM is maximised and that forecasted revenue is hit and exceeded. The Group Head will have 5 direct reports within this agency patch. They will be responsible for maximising the team’s potential to both win and deliver all commercial revenue from display campaigns through to six figure brand partnerships. In addition, the Group Head will need to have strong knowledge of the digital and social sector, a proven track record of winning (and retaining) significant business and a strong set of senior agency contacts across GroupM. You will also need to demonstrate a passion for delivering award worthy work.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with senior management to deliver the key commercial objectives set out for 2021 for GroupM
- Strategically develop the business by utilising your senior contacts across your agency portfolio and corresponding client contacts
- Identify key clients across the group and develop a client solutions strategy to win both new and repeat business
- Ensure the patch is managed effectively across the team
- Be adept in constructing smart and bespoke client presentations that show what LADbible has to offer for a key client
- Regularly appraise and forecast performance for the group and report to senior management and key stakeholders in the business
- Manage your teams individual KPIs and manage performance based on pre-agreed objectives
- Ensure the Account Directors and Managers are maximising revenue from individual agencies and producing work to be proud of
- Consistently motivate the team to exceed goals set
- As part of the Client Solutions management team, meet regularly with the other Group Heads to help create and manage a culture of Solutions excellence
- Be confident and able to report performance at any time with key stakeholders including the Joint Heads of Client Solutions and directly to the Board if required
- Ensure smooth and successful rollout of new products/capabilities across GroupM
- Support on the development of new products and capabilities for LADbible Group
- Work closely and consultatively with key divisions internally such as Data Insight & Planning, Editorial, Joyride (our multi award-winning Creative Agency), Marketing and Communications, Head of Display Sales and Ad Ops and Programmatic
- Successfully and positively represent the LADbible Group at all relevant events
What we are looking for
- Have extensive and proven experience working in a fast-paced digital and ideally social media environment
- Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge in the digital and (ideally) social media space and use this to be able to develop commercial strategy
- An exceptional knowledge of GroupM with senior contacts at all key levels, including trading and planning/strategy
- Proven ability to sell to these key contacts and win new business
- A track record of consistent revenue growth quarter-on-quarter, year-on-year
- Proven experience selling 6 figure multi-platform branded content solutions, as well as solid knowledge of digital display and programmatic
- Be able to construct a smart media plan/solution that answers a brands challenge
- Proven ability to manage commercial contracts and ensure the best possible delivery
- Proven ability in managing an agency group sales team
- The ability to work closely with senior management to deliver strategic goals
- To be able to successfully communicate and work closely with project management and delivery teams
- To be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Be a great collaborator
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.