Associate Creative Directors blend ideation, execution, creative strategy, agency leadership, product ownership and hands-on production. It’s a senior creative leadership role - the focus is on best-in-class creative work, leading the line to deliver projects and playing a more active role in managing the agency rather while also managing a team of more junior creatives.
What will you be doing?
- Own the creative and strategic direction of projects, in collaboration with other senior stakeholders
- Collaborate with Strategy, Insights and Editorial teams to develop rounded creative approaches
- Be a content specialist - understand the roles and production constraints of different content types, especially video, on social platforms
- Be an integrated thinker, with an understanding of how to use everything from OOH to experiential in your campaign strategies
- Create and implement content and activation strategies for integrated projects
- Run pitches and projects with minimal senior oversight - championing creative content, and being acutely aware of commercial pressures such as resourcing, budget and profitability
- Communicate and champion creative thinking and technical execution to clients throughout each project
- Oversee project teams to help them deliver their best work, knowing when to intervene and when to step back
- Own your accounts creatively and commercially, and pick up work across the business where needed
- Be a detail-oriented senior when it comes to approving work - know that the team’s mistakes are on you
- Answer briefs with great work as a solo creative, copywriter, AD or part of a team – get hands-on
- Collaborate with the product leads to push briefs and projects through the agency
- Understand how to brief craft specialists – designers or directors, for example – to deliver projects against your creative vision
- Be an excellent strategic and creative partner to our clients
- Accurately scope projects alongside Sales, Accounts and Production, and take responsibility for delivering on time and within budget
- Challenge briefs and strategies where necessary
- Understand and contribute to the agency’s business objectives, taking responsibility for helping deliver them
- Understand how individual projects fit into wider strategic and business goals for the agency, and how to prioritise workflows accordingly
- Help Sales and Accounts manage clients - balancing creative pizzazz with production realism to set and manage expectations around projects
- Manage direct reports, with a focus on utilisation and profitability as well as pastoral support
- Be an ambassador for the business both internally and externally
- Proactively bring solutions to business problems you identify to the senior management teams, and take responsibility for implementing them
- Work with the leadership team to develop, assess and implement initiatives that improve the work and culture of the company
What do you need to have done before?
- Experience in a creative/marketing/advertising environment
- A portfolio full of social lead campaigns
- Deep understanding of the role content plays in every project
- Proven track record in delivering complex projects
- Experience overseeing teams
- Practical craft skills as well conceptual thinking
- Interest in youth culture, pop cultures and social good
- Ability to use Keynote
- Broad software skills - Creative Cloud, Logic, Sketch, etc.
- Experience media planning
- A willingness to get your hands dirty
Due to the latest COVID restrictions, both LADbible offices (Manchester and London) are closed and we will keep the date for reopening both offices under review in line with further Government updates. Whilst this role is temporarily home based, when our offices reopen, this role will be based in our London office, therefore you must live within a commutable distance to E1 7PT.
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.