We are looking for a Data Engineer to support our plans to develop and maintain our data warehouse. We have a great team, and an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency.
- Location: We have offices in London and Manchester, we're happy for the successful candidate to be mostly remote, with a few visits per month to either the London or Manchester office, whichever is closer.
- Salary: Budget up to £45,000 depending on experience and location.
What will you be doing?
The candidate will be picking up some of our current techniques and bringing with them their own ideas and areas of expertise to enrich the collective knowledge base of the team.
You will be working with the latest technologies as well as being part of a team who is not afraid to try revolutionary ideas to help the business grow.
- Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems.
- Document source-to-target mappings.
- Automate existing manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use.
- Write ETL code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally.
- Build accessible data for analysis.
- Google Cloud and other platforms.
- Apache Beam/Dataflow.
What do you need to have done before?
- Experience working as an engineer, either currently as a Data Engineer or a Software engineer looking to specialise in Data.
- Proficient manipulating and processing data with SQL, Python, or a similar scripting language.
- Able to design, build, test, and document code and data products that are scalable and reusable.
- Able to manage and maintain metadata.
- Understand potential or common issues with databases, processes, products and services.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational database technologies: SQL, NoSQL, basics of database design and operation.
- Familiarity with APIs.
- Experience with git / version control.
- Interest in the whole data journey, from collection and cleaning through to analysis and modelling.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.