We’re looking for a sub-editor to join LADbible Group’s social video/editorial team. You will be responsible for ensuring our journalists and video editors deliver high-quality videos with factually correct, error-free and on-brand scripts, branding and creator credits.
You will also ensure community standards are met and will be safeguarding against legal and ethical issues. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social media and an understanding of how to package content for social platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Proofreading, editing and rewriting text for social video content.
- Checking videos for spelling, grammatical and factual errors.
- Increasing accuracy, credibility and depth of stories.
- Quality control and safeguarding copy against legal and ethical issues.
- Pinpointing potentially sensitive content and discussing with the video lead or editor, where necessary.
- Liaising with our in-house journalists and editors.
- Ensuring quotas and deadlines are met by journalists and editors.
- Helping drive the editorial tone of the brands.
- Identifying fake news and/or misinformation.
What do you need to have done before?
- Experience as a Sub-Editor or Copy Editor.
- In-depth knowledge of media law. NCTJ qualified.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately across a wide range of subjects.
- Adapt to and seamlessly switch between copy styles and tones for different channels.
- An extremely high standard of written English.
- Outstanding proofreading and considered editing skills.
- Faultless fact-checking abilities.
- A questioning, well-rounded approach when dealing with sensitive or ethical issues.
- The confidence to back your decisions and explain why you’ve made them.
- Team First: We listen to each other and nurture mutual respect. We don’t accept egos.
- Problem Solving: We don’t just call it out. We keep our momentum by proactively solving problems.
- Hard Work: Building something special needs grit and dedication. We bring it.
We are looking for someone who exhibits all of these behaviours.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.