As a Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, you will use your editorial talent, awareness of current news, and passion for trending viral content to produce high quality and thought-provoking articles to be posted across the SPORTbible social media platforms.
You will be part of the team which is responsible for taking SPORTbible to the next level. You will help enhance the brand image by maintaining a strong online presence as well as developing and improving the quality of articles. It’s not the news, it’s our news.
In the role, you will thrive on a high-pressure, fast-paced, target-driven news desk, be proactive in growing a book of contacts, demand attention to detail, relish tight deadlines and constantly look to grow your journalistic flair. Being able to task manage other team members, as well as mentoring to ensure their personal career development, is essential.
You will also be expected to take on the responsibility of individual projects and have a voice on the direction of SPORTbible’s editorial.
What will you be doing?
- Producing trending news articles to tight deadlines
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors
- Sourcing and pitching original ideas and lateral angles for sport articles
- Expertise in social media
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
What do you need to have done before?
- Extensive experience working as a Journalist within an online publication
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the LADbible tone.
- Proven SEO knowledge and/or experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- A degree within a relevant field is desirable but not essential
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.