Our video journalists have an eye for a great social story and understand how to get a unique angle. They are first to spot a viral video on TikTok and turn it into an original longform story for Facebook, as well as uncover stories you haven’t seen anywhere else.
There’s opportunity to tell a variety of stories across LADbible Group pages including LADbible, TYLA and UNILAD, and continually develop and improve the quality of our videos by reviewing audience feedback and data.
What will you be doing?
You will source and generate stories through social media research, contribute original ideas, interview case studies and edit bespoke digital video packages for Facebook.
- Obtaining permission from content owners to re-edit their content and post to LADbible Group's Facebook page
- Creating and sourcing regular long-form content (3’00” or above) for Facebook
- Editing in a timely fashion and to a high standard
- Being able to make analytical reports on the content you produce
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
What do you need to have done before?
- Worked in a Video Journalist role for a digital or social media publisher or platform
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- An enthusiastic attitude, full to the brim with ideas and creativity, coupled with good communication and team skills
- Experience of camera work is desirable
- A good understanding of how to optimise storytelling for under 34s
- Strong understanding of social media and online tools
- Sound knowledge of video production and Premiere Pro
- Sound editorial judgement
- Experience finding and generating stories using social media platforms such as TikTok, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience and/or training in interview structure and techniques
- Studied media law as part of a journalism degree or NCTJ qualification
Please note this job is desk-based.
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.