We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the team responsible for continually improving LADbible Group’s high volume websites, apps, chat-bots and more.
Senior Software Engineers at LADbible Group are problem solvers, responsible for delivering robust, scalable technical solutions for products that reach our global audience. You will work collaboratively with other engineering teams, Product Management, User Experience and Data Engineering, as well as stakeholders from around the business, to deliver against a product roadmap and drive forward continual improvement to our software, processes and cloud infrastructure.
- Lead or contribute strongly to the technical design of new products and features, whilst taking on-board ideas from others.
- Take ownership of existing development and project management processes, suggesting and implementing improvements as needed.
- Work closely with people outside software engineering at all points in the process, from ideation through to delivery.
- Be aware of developments to tools and processes within the industry, and champion these where there would be clear benefit to our platform.
- Lead or contribute strongly to agile ceremonies, including stand-ups, planning sessions, backlog grooming, close-outs and retrospectives.
- Mentor and support less experienced members of the team.
- Use the data available to understand the effectiveness of new features and adapt our planning accordingly.
- Be an ambassador for LADbible’s tech brand in the Manchester digital community by attending and speaking at meetups.
Technology We Use
We’ve been in the process of upgrading our tech stack over the last 18 months. The
technologies that are core to our new tech stack are:
What we're looking for:
- Experience working at a senior level with a software engineering team
- Hands-on experience with React and node.js
- Detailed knowledge of web development
- Understanding of Agile principle
- In-depth knowledge of software patterns and best practices
- Working knowledge of container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on, commercial experience working with cloud technology (ideally GCP, but AWS would also be useful)