Social Editor - UNILAD
EDITORIAL · Manchester, London Flexible Remote
We are looking for target driven individuals who are excited to be the first to break news to our growing global audience!
As a Social Editor you will be responsible for delivering the news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it.
Sitting as a key member of our growing UNILAD team this role is vital is the performance of our site and offer some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
What will you be doing?
- Pro-actively research and seek the latest videos, news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors.
- The ability to spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about.
- Understand the audience and be aware of social topics and trends.
- Contact the copyright holders and request permissions.
- Building positive long-term relationships with external creators and talent.
- Scheduling and posting content via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Packaging articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails
- Targeting wider audiences.
- Regularly monitor insights using social media analysis tools, and review and report on effectiveness to maximise results.
- Always adhere to brand guidelines when posting content, ensuring all content is reflective of the iconic tone of voice of LADbible Group.
- Build a positive, strong rapport with the wider teams to support their objectives through content delivery.
- Collaborate on ideas, work as a team to develop the concepts and make them better.
- Use initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements.
What do you need to have done before?
- Social media experience – preferably from a publishing background
- A passion for news and stories.
- Ability to research a subject/topic and present findings in a constructive manner.
- Good use of Microsoft Office product suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An attention to detail in dealing with all matters and a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative and make effective decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Analytical – being able to recognise data driven feedback.
- Basic photoshop knowledge is desirable but not essential
- An interest in pop culture & trending topics
- Journalism degree or equivalent.
**Please note this role has a shift pattern which includes Mornings, Evenings & Weekends **
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.