LADbible Group reaches almost half of all Australians each month across it’s broad range of publications. The publications which are owned and managed by our Australian team are LADbible Australia and SPORTbible Australia, who reach millions in their own right.
An integral part of our office is our Sales team, and so we’re looking to recruit a target-driven and passionate Account Director based in Sydney or Melbourne. Ideally candidates will have previous experience working within social media, however strong experience from other platforms will be considered.
Working as an integral team member of our dynamic Sales team, this client-facing role is focused on creating new business opportunities and developing key existing relationships through your specified patch. The aim is to drive sales and increase the revenue and profile of LADbible Group.
What will you be doing?
- Explore new business opportunities bringing in a defined number of new clients or campaigns monthly within your patch
- Be able to sell the full range of advertising opportunities (and develop new ones) based on client’s objectives
- Maximise coverage across your agency patch and build relationships with all key departments including: strategy, planning and buying across multiple disciplines e.g. social, mobile and digital
- Create and develop a list of key target clients which you can develop and build into new and long term business
- Work closely with the Head of Sales to maximise the revenue opportunity within the agency group to meet and exceed targets and objectives
- Work alongside our industry leading UK based internal teams (Data Science, Marketing and Editorial etc.) to create and deliver pitches to potential clients to obtain new or repeat business opportunities
- Develop and build key relationships with existing agencies to secure repeat business
- Fully manage the sales process and agency/client relationship from brief to execution
- Respond to briefs effectively and in a timely way, ensuring all criteria is delivered on
- Continually present new and innovative ideas
What will you need to have done before?
- Experience working on or in GroupM agencies is essential
- Pre-existing GroupM contacts in Sydney or Melbourne
- Experience of working with agencies on both digital and social content platforms
- Demonstrate that you can sell to agencies (including proven relationships) and clients in the media space
- Have excellent negotiation skills to ensure maximum revenue from a client
- Understand the world of digital and use of social channels e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Show an aptitude to learn in a fast moving digital and social space with complex products
- Be prepared to put the time in and be happy working under pressure and to tight deadlines, relish seeing this time and focus convert to sales and revenue
- Be genuinely passionate about the LADbible brand
- Love working collaboratively and be a lovely person who will add value to the company and work environment
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.