Social Editor - SPORTbible
EDITORIAL · Manchester, London Flexible Remote
Love football? Working to targets? & have knowledge of a sport lead social media business? This is the role for you!
As a Social Editor for SPORTbible you will be responsible for delivering the sport news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it.
Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
Sitting as a key member of our SPORTbible team this role is vital is the performance of our site and offer some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Pro-actively research and seek the latest videos, news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors.
- Have the ability to spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about.
- Understand the audience and be aware of social topics and trends.
- Contact the copyright holders and request permissions.
- Collaborate on ideas, work as a team to develop the concepts and make them better.
- Building positive long-term relationships with external creators and talent.
- Scheduling and posting content via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Packaging articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails
- Targeting wider audiences.
- Regularly monitor insights using social media analysis tools, and review and report on effectiveness to maximise results.
- Daily maintenance of all social channels ensuring they remain relevant and up to date.
- Always adhere to brand guidelines when posting content, ensuring all content is reflective of the iconic tone of voice of LADbible Group.
- Build a positive, strong rapport with the wider teams to support their objectives through content delivery.
- Use initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements.
What do you need to have done before?
- Knowledge and passion for football and fighting sports.
- Experience working in a target driven, fast moving social media company or publisher.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment with a excitement to smash targets.
- A passion for social media and storytelling with an understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Organised – Calm under pressure and good at planning ahead.
- Able to move quickly and easily, embracing and responding to change.
- Ability to research a subject/topic and present findings in a constructive manner.
- Good use of Microsoft Office product suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An attention to detail in dealing with all matters and a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative and make effective decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a target driven environment with experience of growing new and excising social platforms.
* All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.