We're on the look out for a social focused Journalist to join our UNILAD team.
Based from either the London or Manchester office, depending on your location. 2 days a week in the office.
Using awareness of current news, trends and viral content to produce quality articles to both engage and maximise audience potential.
Finding and pursuing time-relevant content and writing around these to involve the reader and maintain a strong online presence as well as supporting other teams in delivering campaigns and executing new projects.
Utilising creative skills to enhance the UNILAD brand image whilst continuously developing and improving the quality of articles by reviewing and responding to audience feedback.
- Ensure all deadlines and quotas from are met within set time frames.
- Ensuring editorial execution across the websites, engaging and maximising audience potential by sourcing viral and relevant articles to post on the website.
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads.
- Continuously pitching original ideas and lateral angles for trending pieces.
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors.
What will you be doing?
- Working as a proactive member of UNILAD Editorial team.
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills.
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand.
- Actively contributing to team meetings, pitches and article ideas.
- Remaining proactive in sourcing stories to be used across LADbible Group.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with LADbible content community.
- Continually developing and striving to be ahead of other news outlets.
- Monitoring user activity on articles and manage this in a way that mitigates negativity, offence or detriment.
- Qualitative and Quantitative: daily monitoring of content performance (shares, likes, comments, clicks).
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for an NCTJ qualified journalist (or equivalent).
- Previous experience working at a publishing company, media outlet or social media company.
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the UNILAD tone.
- Outstanding writing, research and writing skills.
- Proven SEO knowledge/experience.
- A degree within a relevant field is desirable but not essential.
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.