As a Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, you will use your editorial talent, awareness of current news, and passion for trending viral content to produce high quality and thought-provoking articles to be posted across the SPORTbible social media platforms.
In the role, you will thrive on a high-pressure, fast-paced, target-driven news desk, be proactive in growing a book of contacts, demand attention to detail, relish tight deadlines and constantly look to grow your journalistic flair. Being able to task manage other team members, as well as mentoring to ensure their personal career development, is essential.
You will also be expected to take on the responsibility of individual projects and have a voice on the direction of SPORTbible’s editorial.
What will you be doing?
- Producing trending news articles to tight deadlines
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors
- Sourcing and pitching original ideas and lateral angles for sport articles
- Expertise in social media
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
Oversee, develop and implement the editorial calendar
Be the guardian of editorial standards and journalistic integrity
What do you need to have done before?
- Extensive experience working as a Senior Journalist within an online publication
A passion for sports and sports coverage
- Previous experience of subbing and managing others work and a natural leader
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the LADbible tone.
- Proven SEO knowledge and/or experience
- A NCTJ qualification
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.