As a Journalist for Tyla, you will use your editorial talent, awareness of current affairs and passion for trending topics to produce high quality and thought-provoking articles to be posted across Tyla’s platforms (website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok).
You will be an adept and unflappable online expert, with a passion for analysing traffic, building engagement on social media and spotting feature opportunities within the changing landscape of digital journalism.
In this role, you will thrive on a fast-paced and target-driven desk, be proactive in growing a book of contacts, demand attention to detail, relish tight deadlines and constantly look to grow your journalistic flair. Being able to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team is essential.
You will also be expected to take on the responsibility of individual writing projects and have a voice on the direction of Tyla editorial. And, crucially, you will have an instinctive understanding of what makes the audience tick, while never being afraid to experiment and try new approaches. Your knowledge of the audience will be second-to-none and you’ll be dedicated to growing the website’s position as a daily lifestyle destination via a combination of news stories and long-form features. You’ll also know how to enhance a story’s performance with the right curation of headline, photos, social packaging and SEO. Day-to-day work will involve a wide range of tasks from identifying and writing the best, most compelling news stories out there to subbing other writers’ work and overseeing our conversations on social media.
What will you be doing?
- Writing breaking news articles to tight deadlines with a dedication to accuracy, quality of copy and producing outstanding editorial that readers will seek out
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends and exclusives ahead of competitors
- Developing and pitching original feature ideas and lateral angles for trending topics
- Playing an active part in growing engagement, scroll depth, repeat visits and dwell-time on site
- Proactively pitching features tied to news stories or based on evergreen trends that inform and educate the Tyla reader
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
What do you need to have done before?
- Experience writing role on a women’s publisher or national news title
- Target driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the Tyla tone
- Proven SEO knowledge and/or experience
- Clear understanding of Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytics tools
- CMS trained with photoshop abilities
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice however the role will be based in the London office Two days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.