As HR Business Partner you will collaborate with the Board, HR Directors and the management team for their business areas to deliver first class HR support. LADbible Group is growing fast and highly ambitious and the Business Partner will be on the front line, ensuring that HR is delivering projects which will help the business achieve its ambitions.
They will immerse themselves within their business areas and develop a thorough understanding of the external and internal factors impacting on the teams. A true partner, they will ensure that HR is proactive and adding excellent value.
This is a generalist role with a mix of strategy and operational work, you’ll definitely be someone who enjoys both aspects and isn’t afraid to get stuck in. The HR team at LADbible is driven and has high standards, we take pride in the work we do and the value we add to the business and it’s ambitions. You will be someone who is equally driven and passionate about LADbible and their role in it’s journey.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure the delivery of an effective HR service to their business areas and oversee the operational HR activities.
- Immerse themselves within their business areas, ensure a thorough understanding of internal and external challenges, targets and influences so they can provide appropriate HR support and advice.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Business Partner in London to ensure processes are efficient and aligned between business areas.
- Partner with the Lead Talent Business Partner on areas such as succession planning.
- Manage a HR Assistant and oversee their work which includes absence, new starter and leaver processes, probations, payroll and benefits administration for the group.
- Collaborate and influence up to Board level.
- Provide coaching and development for managers on leadership and employee development issues with creative and strategic HR value-added recommendations in support of the business goals.
- Advise and coach managers on specific performance, conduct, absence or employee relations matters and ensure that all disciplinary and capability issues are dealt with in good time, sensitively, appropriately, and in accordance with employment law.
- Guide leaders and managers on changes to structures, job roles and definitions, reporting lines, new ways of working, process improvements and role eliminations.
- Support Managers in identifying and planning appropriate development interventions for their teams.
- Manage key strategic projects and initiatives as directed to support the achievement of the HR and Business strategy, ensuring they are delivered to the highest standards.
- Provide timely updates and reports to the Heads of HR and Board.
- Support and advise on the Company’s Diversity strategy and related policies and procedures, particularly in relation to recruitment, promotion, career development, and creating an open, inclusive and appropriate culture within LADbible Group where differences are respected and valued.
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience within a similar industry, ideally media, digital or a tech focused business.
- Experience operating within a partnering model would be preferred.
- Thorough understanding of UK employment law.
- The confidence and gravitas to influence up to Board level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a number of projects or initiatives at any one time.
- Strong business acumen, ability to provide HR services and advise in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way.
- A completer/finisher, able to get things done and be proactive and responsive.
- A collaborator, we have a strong HR team that work together for the good of the department and business, we don’t want egos.
- A real hands-on attitude - someone that can be proactive in identifying areas of improvement not only across the business but also in the HR team.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly taking into consideration commercial needs versus balancing risk and exposure to the broader organisation.
- Able to inspire confidence in senior managers and key stakeholders both within HR and outside of HR.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
All interviews are being conducted via Zoom until further notice.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves. Read our full Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here.