APAC · Auckland Hybrid Remote
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Writer (Journalist) with producing, writing and editing skills to join our team in New Zealand!
As a Journalist for LADbible New Zealand, you will be producing high-quality and engaging articles – covering breaking news, entertainment, interviews and more – to be posted across LADbible New Zealand's social media platforms and on-site.
You will be part of the Editorial team and will be responsible for taking LADbible New Zealand Editorial to the next level, by enhancing our brand image and maintaining a strong online presence.
What will you be doing?
- Producing topical news articles to meet tight deadlines
- Proactively seeking out breaking news as it happens
- Sourcing and pitching original ideas and lateral angles for written content
- Posting to and moderating social platforms when necessary
- Growing and utilising contacts for news leads and feature content
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Building and refining the editorial tone and reputation of LADbible New Zealand
- Making analytical reports on the content you produce
Who we’re looking for
- A journalism background with social media experience – preferably working within a similar role within media publishing
- Understanding of storytelling and what makes an engaging, shareable story
- You are target driven and understand the necessity for tight turnaround times
- You have a proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas
- You have some experience of SEO and of using website content management systems
- A range of industry contacts is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the company's brand and overall style
- Experience of working on various social channels, and how to optimise for each
- Experience working to strict deadlines and targets
- Relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in journalism and/or social media
- Media law training is desirable but not essential
- In-depth understanding of the ever-changing social media industry
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.