We are looking for a motivated Sub-Editor with producing, writing and editing skills to join our team in Australia!
As a Sub-Editor for LADbible Australia and SPORTbible Australia, you will be working with our Editorial team across our editorial channels to proof copy, health check video content as well as safeguard our page and copy against any potential risks. You’ll work closely with our Editorial Lead to ensure high-quality and engaging content is being served on our pages while also working to community manage our comments sections to ensure our audience are enjoying LADbible and SPORTbible content in a safe and respectful environment.
What will you be doing?
- Editing and proofreading text for social content
- Checking over stories for spelling, grammatical or factual errors
- Increase accuracy, credibility and depth of stories
- Quality control and safeguarding copy against legal issues
- Staying across potentially sensitive content and escalating to our Editorial Lead where necessary
- Liaising with editorial teams to point out fake news and/or misinformation
- Community managing comments section of our Facebook channels
Who we’re looking for
- A journalism background with social media experience – preferably working within a similar role within media publishing
- Understanding of social platforms and community guidelines
- You are target driven and understand the necessity for tight turnaround times
- You have some experience of SEO and of using website content management systems
- Knowledge of our company's brand and overall style
- Experience of working on various social channels, and how to optimise for each
- Relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in journalism and/or social media
- Media law training is desirable but not essential
- In-depth understanding of the ever-changing social media industry
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.