We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Video Journalist with producing and video-editing skills to join our social video team. Your role will be to research, produce (largely remotely) and edit exclusive stories for our audience using creators’ social channels and commissioned b-roll/interview footage.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for social media and be able to spot a unique, social angle in stories shared on platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Reddit, Snap and YouTube. Across our pages, we create content that: spotlights personal journeys; offers cultural insights; lifts the lid on unusual jobs and lifestyles; explores relationships; celebrates individualisms; and taps into viral and cultural oments.
Our team is driven by numbers so you must have an understanding of how to package content with a focus on watch time. You’ll also continually develop and improve the quality of your videos by reviewing audience feedback and data.
We often cover sensitive subjects so we’re looking for someone who can recognise both ethical and legal issues, and is confident when it comes to media law. We take pride in building and maintaining good relationships with both creators and platforms so knowledge of platform community and monetisation guidelines will be a bonus.
What you will be doing?
- Sourcing and editing original stories
- Writing briefs and producing remote shoots and interviewing subjects for PT
- Edit producing and editing to a high standard using Premiere Pro
- Reviewing content performance
- Working to strict deadlines and targets
- Ensuring platform community standards are met
- Safeguarding against legal issues
- NCTJ qualification
- Background in journalism and video production
- Proficient in Premiere Pro
- Strong understanding of social media
- Excellent written English
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law
- Experience of camerawork desirable
- Adobe After Effects desirable
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work from home and the offices on a weekly basis.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves. Read our full Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here.