As an Editor at SPORTbible you are responsible for leading the SPORTbible’s editorial output, managing a team of journalists to deliver against KPIs including audience growth, content quality and brand visibility.
You will report into the Head of Editorial and have line management responsibilities for our SPORTbible journalists and social editors. You will also work closely with the Head of Audience Development and other senior editorial stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Using our Reflect, Discover, Connect and Monetise strategy across Editorial to grow and improve SPORTbible.
- Managing a team of social journalists to create outstanding SPORT content which fans love and want to return to.
- Managing a team of social editors to deliver high-performing social articles with a specific focus on Facebook, using an expert knowledge of the platform to improve performance.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and the team of SPORTbible journalists to plan and coordinate our editorial strategy across SPORT.
- Ownership of core operational responsibilities within the team including rota management, performance development and more.
- Ensuring SPORT’s web and social content is of the highest quality to speak to relevant target audiences.
- Delivery of core KPIs against audience targets as determined by the Head of Editorial, using audience analytics to make content decisions..
- Owning and innovating the processes that define the SPORTbible content journey, from content ideation, publication and distribution.
- Instilling a positive culture of excellence in a collaborative, creative and efficient way across the SPORT team..
- Supporting the Head of Editorial in delivery of key projects and improvements.
What do you need to have done before?
- Management experience in an editorial team with demonstrable leadership and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of core digital disciplines including SEO and Social Media.
- A proven track record of working with top-class digital sports media publishers.
- An understanding of audience needs and trends, supported by data analysis.
- An open and collaborative approach to working with key stakeholders across the business.
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work from home and the offices on a weekly basis.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves. Read our full Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here.