As a Social Editor for Tyla you will be responsible for delivering the trending and breaking news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it.
Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
Sitting as a key member of our Tyla team this role is vital is the performance of our site and offer some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Pro-actively research and seek the latest videos, news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors.
- Have the ability to spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about.
- Understand the audience and be aware of social topics and trends.
- Collaborate on ideas, work as a team to develop the concepts and make them better.
- Scheduling and posting content via Facebook
- Packaging articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails that generate traffic.
- Targeting wider audiences.
- Regularly monitor insights using social media analysis tools, and review and report on effectiveness to maximise results.
- Being a brand ambassador for Tyla and ensuring we strive for engagement while never compromising on tone of voice, authenticity and audience trust
- Build a positive, strong rapport with the wider teams to support their objectives through content delivery.
- Use initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements.
- Working across a 7-day rota and covering live-events as they happen.
What will you have done before?
- Knowledge and passion for trending news with a female audience in mind.
- Experience working in a target driven, fast moving social media company or publisher.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment with a excitement to smash targets.
- A passion for social media and storytelling with an understanding of Facebook and Twitter.
- Organised – Calm under pressure and good at planning ahead.
- Able to move quickly and easily, embracing and responding to change.
- Ability to research a subject/topic and present findings in a constructive manner.
- Good use of Microsoft Office product suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An attention to detail in dealing with all matters and a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative and make effective decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a target driven environment with experience of growing new and excising social platforms.
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work from home and the offices on a weekly basis.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves. Read our full Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here.