Journalist - Community
You will work across the brands in the LADbible Group, specifically LADbible, UNILAD and Tyla. You will be utilising creative skills to enhance the LADbible Group brand image whilst continuously developing and improving the quality of articles by reviewing and responding to audience feedback. Using awareness of current news, trends and viral content to produce quality articles at speed to both engage and maximise audience potential, the preferred candidate would be an expert in community coverage – real-life, people stories, everyday conversation.
Finding and pursuing time-relevant content, specialising on stories from the community sector, and writing around these to involve the reader and maintain a strong online presence, the role would also involve supporting other teams in delivering content and executing new projects.
What the opportunity looks like
- Ensure all deadlines and quotas are met within set time frames
- Ensuring editorial execution across the websites
- Engaging and maximising audience potential by sourcing viral and relevant articles to post on the website
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Continuously pitching original ideas and lateral angles for trending pieces
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors
- Working as a proactive member of LADbible Group Editorial team
- Producing trending articles at speed
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Actively contributing to team meetings, pitches and article ideas
- Remaining proactive in sourcing stories to be used across LADbible
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with LADbible content community
- Continually developing and striving to be ahead of other news outlets
- Monitoring user activity on articles and manage this in a way that mitigates negativity, offense or detriment
- Qualitative and Quantitative: daily monitoring of content performance (shares, likes, comments, clicks)
Skills and experience we’d like you to have
- Have a journalistic background with newsroom experience
- NCTJ qualified
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrably high standard of written English
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the LADbible tone.
- Outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- Proven SEO knowledge/experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work from home and the offices on a weekly basis.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.
- London, Manchester
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Journalist - Community
Loading application form
Already working at LADbible Group ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.