As a Senior Social Editor for Tyla you will be responsible for delivering trending and breaking news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it.
Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
What the opportunity looks like
- Proactively research and find the latest news, viral trends, videos and gossip ahead of competitors.
- Having the ability to spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about.
- Scheduling and posting content via Facebook and Twitter.
- Packaging articles – creating captions, headlines and thumbnails that generate traffic.
- Understanding the Tyla audience while also collaborating on ideas with the wider team.
- Using initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements.
- Working across a seven-day rota and covering live-events as they happen.
- Monitoring insights using social media analysis tools, then reviewing and reporting on effectiveness to maximise results.
- Being a brand ambassador for Tyla and LADbible Group and ensuring we strive for engagement while never compromising on tone of voice, authenticity and audience trust.
Skills and experience we’d like you to have
- Experience working in a target driven, fast moving social media company or publisher growing new and exciting social platforms.
- Knowledge and passion for trending news.
- Passionate about social media and storytelling with an understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other social media channels.
- Organised and calm under pressure and good at planning ahead.
- Ability to research a subject/topic and present findings in a constructive manner.
- Good use of Adobe, including Photoshop.
- Attention to detail in dealing with all matters and a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative and make effective decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work in the office 3 days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.