Manchester OR London (3 days a week in the office)
As a Journalist, you will work across our UNILAD brand. You will be utilising creative skills to enhance the LADbible Group brands image whilst continuously developing and improving the quality of articles by reviewing and responding to audience feedback.
Using awareness of current news, trends and viral content to produce quality articles at speed to both engage and maximise audience potential, the preferred candidate would be locked in to social and across the biggest stories of the day
Reporting into our Editorial Lead, there will be plenty of interview opportunities for you...so if you specialise and/or have a passion for film and/or TV, even better; as you'll probably get to rub shoulders with a few stars!
What the opportunity looks like
- Ensure all deadlines and quotas are met within set timeframes
- Ensuring editorial execution across the websites
- Pitching original ideas and follow-up angles for the biggest stories across our brands
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors
- Working as a proactive member of Editorial team
- Producing trending articles at speed while maintaining impeccable grammar
- A strong understanding of the tone of the brand
- Actively contributing to team meetings, pitches and article ideas
- Monitoring user activity on articles and using it to inform pitches for original content and follow-up stories
- Qualitative and Quantitative: daily monitoring of content performance (shares, likes, comments, clicks)
Skills and experience we’d like you to have
- Have a journalistic background with newsroom experience
- NCTJ qualified
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrably high standard of written English
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the UNILAD tone.
- Outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- Proven SEO knowledge/experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work in the office 3 days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.