Social Editor, LADbible
3 days in our Manchester office, 2 days working from home 🏡
As a Social Editor for LADbible, you will be responsible for delivering trending and breaking news to our vast audience 24/7…You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it; building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our readers engage with most using data-informed decision-making.
You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring the success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
Sitting as a key member of our team at LADbible Group, this role is vital in the performance of our site and offers some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What the opportunity looks like:
- Proactively research and seek the latest videos, news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of other major brands
- Have the ability to instinctively spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about, with a focus on original storytelling
- Develop an understanding of our core audience and demonstrate awareness of audience topics and trends
- Having a 360-degree approach to sourcing content, taking into account the various ways in which audiences can reach our content via different mediums
- Collaborate on ideas with other social editors and writers within the team, working together to develop concepts for audience and make them better
- Scheduling and posting content via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Packaging articles - creating captions, titles and thumbnails to help generate traffic
- Regularly monitor insights using social media analysis tools and review and report on effectiveness to maximise results
- Adopting other methods of growing audience from other referrers, including search
- Use initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements
- Working across a seven-day rota and covering live events as they happen
Skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Experience in social media, with a strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter a necessity.
- A strong interest in the UK news cycle, pop culture and viral content for a youth audience.
- A university degree and/or equivalent to Journalism / Broadcasting / Media
- Demonstrated a clear knowledge and passion for trending news and how to produce original stories
- Worked as part of a team and been able to demonstrate strong teamwork skills as part of that
- Have clear examples of social campaigns worked on and/or a portfolio of social posts or articles that have helped deliver audience
- An understanding or willingness to understand search engine optimisation
- Have held some responsibility for selection of content for a digital audience
- Knowledge of journalism law and ethics
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work in the office 3 days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities, to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.