The Head of HR, London will oversee HR operations and work closely with the HR Director as the expert for their office. They will immerse themselves within their teams and develop a thorough understanding of the external and internal factors impacting on teams, as well as commercial drivers.
What the opportunity looks like
- Work alongside the HR Director to inform and develop our people and team strategy, including the execution of key strategic projects and initiatives.
- Partner with leadership teams in their location to provide expert HR knowledge and support by being a trusted advisor and extension of their teams.
- Ensure the delivery of an effective HR service, in addition to overseeing HR operational activities.
- Provide expert advice and coaching for managers including but not limited to performance management, conduct absence, ER matters and ensuring all disciplinary and capability issues are dealt sensitively and in accordance with employment law.
- Support and advise on the Company’s Diversity strategy and related policies and procedures, particularly in relation to recruitment, promotion, career development, and creating an open, inclusive and appropriate culture within LADbible Group
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to drive recruitment, whilst also managing internal resource needs.
- Lead and develop the HR team, setting the example for what excellence looks like.
- Guide leaders and managers on changes to structures, job roles and definitions, reporting lines, new ways of working, process improvements and role eliminations.
- Support managers in identifying and planning appropriate development interventions for their teams.
Skills and experience we’d like you to have
- Previous experience within a similar industry, ideally media, digital or a tech-focused business.
- Proven experience managing and leading a HR team. We have a strong HR team that work together for the good of the department and business, we don’t want egos!
- Strong business acumen, ability to provide HR services and advise in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way
- Thorough understanding of UK employment law
- A real hands-on attitude, someone that can be proactive as well as responsive to changes across the business.
- The confidence and gravitas to influence, empower and partner with stakeholders up to Board level.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment and managing a number of projects at any one time.
At LADbible Group we've rolled out blended working which means the majority of departments across the business (including London, Manchester and International offices) work in the office 3 days per week.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us. As the leading social youth publisher, we have a powerful global platform to better represent our audience and enable those that do not have equal opportunities to have their voices heard. As a business, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, in an environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves