We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced Lead Software Engineer to build and lead the team that will be revolutionizing how we acquire and manage our content.
Starting with a blank sheet of paper, this role will work closely with our Head of Software Engineering, our Product Owner and various stakeholders throughout the business to design and deliver the platform that will enable LADbible Group to maximize the value of the content from our community and from our own editorial teams.
You’ll also be responsible for recruiting and developing a team based around LADbible’s culture of innovating, solving problems and getting things done. You should be as passionate about developing people as you are about building great software.
- Recruit and develop your software engineering team
- Take ownership of existing platforms and integrations, ensuring we maintain a good level of service
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the business to develop a deep understanding of existing processes and new opportunities
- Lead the design and development of the software to implement these processes and opportunities
- Coach and mentor the engineers in your team, ensuring the software getting built is performant, resilient, secure and scalable, following established patterns and best practices.
- Implement a world-class development process, so that your team has all the tools they need to be productive, innovate safely and have the confidence to try new things.
- Establish an agile development process for the team, ensuring you can measure throughput, the team is continually improving and shipping software incrementally.
- Be a champion for your team, ensuring you celebrate successes and highlight the issues your team face.
- Ensure the products your team are responsible for are sufficiently resilient and performant to meet the needs of the business.
Technology We Use
We’ve been in the process of upgrading our tech stack over the last 18 months. The technologies that are core to our new tech stack are:
The systems we’ll be looking to replace use an older tech stack, which includes:
- PHP (Laravel)
What We’re Looking For
To be successful in this role, you’ll need most of the following:
- Experience leading and managing developers
- Hands-on experience with PHP/Node/React
- Understanding of Agile principles
- In-depth knowledge of software patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of software design methodologies, such as DDD, Event Storming etc
- Working knowledge of container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on, commercial experience working with cloud technology (ideally GCP, but AWS would also be useful)
We have a number of benefits here at LADbible Group such as private healthcare, an enhanced maternity and paternity leave, monthly social events and summer & winter parties.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.