As a Social Editor you will be responsible for delivering the news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it.
Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
Sitting as a key member of our growing editorial team this role is vital is the performance of our site and offer some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Packages articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails
- Sourcing existing news stories.
- Posts articles on Facebook & Twitter
- Measuring success of articles – looking into the data analytics of performance.
- Controlling overall article schedule.
- Scheduling overnight articles.
- Assisting and advising on on-site video best practice.
- Targeting wider audiences.
What do you need to have done before?
- Social media experience – preferably from a publishing background
- A passion for news and stories.
- Analytical – being able to recognise data driven feedback.
- Organised – Calm underpressure and good at planning ahead
- Journalism degree or equivalent.
- Basic photoshop knowledge.
- Proven track record of growing social channels.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.