The ideal candidate will be experienced in overseeing an editorial team capable of delivering outstanding content on a daily basis. The success of LADbible group is based on the ability of the Editorial team working diligently to source, package and write the best stories for our audience. It will be the job of the Editor to manage this process and help the team deliver against their daily targets.
The ability to manage and develop the current editorial team will be crucial. As will delivering one-to-one feedback and setting a personal and professional example to drive behavioural and cultural change.
From a more strategic level, the Editor will work alongside the Head of Content to help oversee and plan a content schedule that delivers during events in the pop culture calendar. Part of this process will be to help UNILAD evolve its tone of voice and ensure this is reflected in both the stories chosen for the audience as well as how they’re presented.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the editorial team – Journalists, Social Editors and Sub-Editors – on a day-to-day basis
- Help the Social Editors to improve sourcing, social link scheduling and performance measurements
- Manage the daily and weekly work rota
- To be the guardian of editorial standards and journalistic integrity
- To hit daily targets and quarterly social targets
- Be the daily creative lead for original content
- Oversee, develop and implement the editorial calendar
- Set KPIs for the team, with a view to develop and stretch them
- Use experience and judgement to make calls on legal matters concerning UNILAD content
- Oversee the career development of the editorial team, managing disciplinary procedures if necessary
- Help devise ways of diversifying UNILAD’s content
- Ability to juggle between short term data driven targets and long-term targets to improve editorial standards Will value this role as a lifestyle, not just a job
- Manage freelance and syndication budget reports
- Experience leading an editorial team of over 10 people
- A natural team leader who will supervise, train and mentor their team
- Experience of working within Social Media and digital
- Experience of setting the editorial agenda for a large publisher
- A data driven approach
- A determination to demonstrate the highest standards on a daily basis
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.