We are looking to recruit an accomplished senior commercial manager for the role of Group Head of Melbourne.
The aim of the role will be to ensure that the revenue across Melbourne is maximised and that forecasted revenue is hit and exceeded. The Group Head will be the start of our team in the region, which means they will be on their own for our initial phase in Victoria.
They will be responsible for maximising the on-team potential to both win and deliver all commercial revenue; from display campaigns through to six figure brand partnerships. In addition, the Group Head will need expert knowledge of the digital and social sector, a proven track record of winning significant business and a very strong set of senior contacts across the market.
The Group Head will be expected to continually win business whilst eventually inspiring and leading a team in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Working to deliver the key commercial objectives with a focus on building business across Victoria
- Strategically develop the business by utilising your senior contacts across Melbourne brands
- Identifying key clients across the group and develop a sales strategy to win both new and repeat business
- Develop and manage trading partnerships, ensuring revenue is maximised
- As part of the sales management team, meet regularly with the other commercial members to help create and manage a culture of sales excellence
- Be confident and able to report performance at any time with key stakeholders including General Manager and Founders
- Regularly assessing competitor’s strengths and weaknesses and use this to make commercial product recommendations
- Work closely and conservatively with key divisions internally such as Content, Product and Projects, Marketing, and Ad Ops
- Successfully and positively represent the LADbible Group at all relevant events
What do you need to have done before?
- Have extensive and proven experience working in a fast-paced digital and ideally social media environment
- Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge in the digital and (ideally) social media space and use this to be able to develop commercial strategy
- An exceptional knowledge of Melbourne with senior contacts at all key levels, including client direct
- Proven ability to sell to these key contacts and win new business
- Track record of consistent revenue growth quarter-on-quarter, year-on-year.
- Proven experience selling 6 figure multi-platform branded content solutions, as well as solid knowledge of digital display and programmatic
- Proven ability to manage commercial contracts and ensure the best possible delivery
- To be able to successfully communicate and work closely with project management and delivery teams
- To be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
** Please note this role will be starting later in the year.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.