As a Social Editor (News) you will be responsible for delivering SPORTbible news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what makes content go viral, what our audience wants to read, and how to engage them.
You will be tasked with contributing to a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell. You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring the success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences.
Sitting as a key member of our growing SPORTbible team this role is vital in the performance of our site and social channels, offering excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Source and commission articles that appeal to the SPORTbible audience.
- Post articles across SPORTbible social channels.
- Package articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails.
- Source and post engaging content to SPORTbible social channels.
- Measuring success of articles – looking into the analytics of performance.
- Overseeing article schedule.
- Targeting wider audiences.
What do you need to have done before?
- Proven news sense in a sports publishing background.
- Experience of sourcing news stories.
- Track record of driving traffic to websites.
- Social media management.
- Knowledge of analytics platforms.
- Clear understanding of Facebook and its algorithm
- Analytical – being able to recognise data driven feedback.
- Organised – Calm under pressure and good at planning ahead.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.