We are looking for a passionate and motivated Video Editor to join our growing social video team in Manchester, working across LADbible Group pages including LADbible, UNILAD, SPORTbible & Tyla.
The role includes writing video scripts, and editing stories for our audiences using archive, creator-shot and original footage including interviews. You must be a strong storyteller, who is full of creative ideas, and able to identify and turn around a shareable story quickly.
You’ll live on social media, and have an understanding of audiences and what makes a shareable and engaging video, as well as how to optimise for different platforms.
Experience reviewing data in Facebook Creator Studio as well as an interest in audience feedback is desirable. A journalism background with social media experience – preferably working within a similar role at a content organisation – will stand out.
What will you be doing?
- Pitching, scripting, gathering footage and video editing
- Using analytics to understand content performance and inform ideation
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Working to deadlines and engagement targets
- Taking our editorial video to the next level, by continually developing and improving the quality of our videos
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience working as a Video Editor editing for large Social Media accounts
- In-depth understanding of social media, particularly Facebook
- Experience using Adobe Premiere
- Relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in social media, video production or other relevant multimedia field
- Knowledge of media law, including copyright and consent, and ethical considerations, is also desirable
- Previous experience of editing for Facebook and other social media channels
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.